There’s nothing like the sudden announcement from your supervisor that he’s going out the country for a month and can you please have everything in a slightly earlier date than you expected to send you in a panic. Especially when you haven’t been able to get the literature you know is out there but apparently unattainable from all 4 libraries you are a member of…
Of course most sensible people would just get on with it, but I seem to have hit total writer’s block. And the fear that my blank Microsoft Word document and the ethics form that I’m trying to complete has sent me back to some top forms of what I like to call ‘productive procrastination’.
- Reading through the massive pile of books you want to read on the holidays you’ve never been able to afford to take for the last 3 years.
- Learning how to knit with your Senior Section and attempt to knit a scarf.
- Using the newly acquired sewing skills (skill might be stretching it) and making a new camp blanket to replace the one that you fabric glued your old badges to in a haphazard manner after they started falling off*
- Making a massive pot of my vegetable stew. It was a good batch too.
- Downloading every interest badge Guides can do, putting them in a word document and printing off copies to create a badge folder for the girls in my unit who have been asking about earning more badges.
- Scrubbing the bathroom (the quinoa from my hair and scalp scrubs gets everywhere no matter how often I clean the shower…)
- Going to read a document on your iPad and somehow end up playing 10 games of solitaire.
- Stay late at work
- Do all the banking, forms, posting for your Girlguiding units.
- Research other things that may help your community.
and of course… 11. write a blog post about it.